Voltalia wins Albania’s 100 MW PV tender

Albania’s Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy announced that French renewable energy developer Voltalia won the tender for the construction of a 100 MW solar power plant in Durrës, in the western-central part of the country. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) supported the tender by providing technical assistance

The solar facility will be deployed at the Technological and Economic Development Area in the municipality of Spitallës and will cover a surface of around 120ha. It will sell 70% of the generated power to Albanian power utility OSHEE under a 15-year PPA, while the remaining 30% will be sold on the spot market or through bilateral PPAs.

The Spitalla plant will be commissioned in 2023. Voltalia will be responsible for the development, construction and maintenance of the project.

 
energyindustryreview.com, 30 March 2021