Albania launches auction for 100 MW solar PV park
“The Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy will open the auction for the construction of a solar park in Spitalles, with installed capacity of 100 MW, minister Belinda Balluku said.
The solar plant will cover a surface of around 120 hectares. The facility will sell 70% of the generated power to Albanian power utility Operatori i Shpërndarjes së Energjisë Elektrike SH.A. (OSHEE) under a 15-year PPA, while the remaining 30% will be sold on the spot market or through bilateral PPAs.
The final results for the tender will be announced on March 2, 2021. The tender’s ceiling price has been set at €55/MWh. Interested developers can submit their bids until February 1.
It will be the third auction for large solar power plants in the country after the 140 MW Karavasta project with Voltalia and the auction for the project in the Akerni salt flats.”
balkangreenenergynews.com, 26 October 2020